Careers at FDI
Fort Defiance Industries is looking for talented and motivated people to join our team in Loudon, TN. We currently have openings for the following positions:
You may apply for this position here.
Reports to: Engineering Team Leader
Loudon, TN-based Fort Defiance Industries (FDI) is a growing engineering and manufacturing company with 25 employees. FDI is seeking an Electrical Engineer to support research and development of new products along with day-to-day production support of existing products. The position will be responsible for designing electrical control systems for medical devices, including programming PLCs. The ideal candidate will also have both an interest and experience in mechanical design.
- As a part of a team of engineers and in compliance with ISO 13485 and the FDA, researches, designs, develops, and tests electro-mechanical systems for the commercialization of new products.
- Provides mechanical design support for new and existing products.
- Successfully coordinates with engineers, technicians, fabricators and end users throughout electrical systems design and installation process.
- Drives electrical-related continuous improvement programs for existing products.
- Performs Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming and troubleshooting associated with the operation of medical devices.
- Generates and supports circuit design and electrical schematics associated with current and developing products.
- Designs instrumentation and electrical control systems for current and future products.
- Oversees electrical-related Management of Change items to document and ensure effective implementation of engineering changes.
- Prepares product reports, documents processes, and makes recommendations for design features or improvements.
- Ensures Bill of Materials (BOM) are accurate, complete and up to date.
- Supports Factory Acceptance Testing for existing products from an electrical standpoint
- Provides electrical technical support for both internal and external customers.
- Participates in design reviews and performs testing to ensure and/or improve design quality.
Essential Skills, Experiences & Attitudes:
- B.S.E.E. or B.S.M.E.
- 1-3 years related experience
- Interest/Experience with PLC programming
- Proficiency with electrical diagrams
- Experience with instrumentation and electrical controls
- Strong references from previous bosses
- Enjoys hands-on R&D work
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team Player
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Honest & trustworthy
- Results & action oriented
- Organized and orderly
- Innovative spirit and aptitude
- Diligence in work
Preferred Skills & Experiences:
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- B.S.E.E. • Interest/aptitude with mechanical design • Experience with medical device design and development
- Hands on experience with printed circuit boards (PCB)
- Experience with SolidWorks
- A Great Company Culture, Vacation, Holidays, 401(k), Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurances along with company paid Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability Benefits