Careers at FDI
Fort Defiance Industries is looking for talented and motivated people to join our team in Loudon, TN. We currently have openings for the following positions:
Reports to: VP of Operations
Loudon, TN-based Fort Defiance Industries (FDI) is a growing engineering and manufacturing company with 25 employees. FDI is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to support research and development of new products along with day-to-day production support of existing products.
Primary Job Functions:
- Researches, designs, and develops new products or product improvements.
- Manages new projects from inception to implementation including project timeline and critical path.
- Consistently evaluates and modifies design of emerging and existing products as needed to meet required standards or create product improvements.
- Prepares product reports, documents processes, and makes recommendations for design features or improvements.
- Researches design features including collaborating with internal and external customers and subject matter experts.
- Researches and qualifies vendors to support manufacturing.
- Communicates and makes presentations both written and verbally with company personnel, external customers and vendors.
- Internal technical support of existing products ensuring they meet prescribed standards of reliability, performance and safety.
- Visually inspects, tests, and troubleshoots existing products and makes recommendation for solutions.
- Performs customer training and technical support for existing products.
- Documents all items and actions per company and regulatory requirements.
Essential Skills, Experiences & Attitudes:
- 2 years related experience
- Strong references from previous bosses
- Project Management
- Problem Solving
- Mechanical Design
- Reading and understanding written work instructions
- Knowledge of thermodynamics, heat transfer and steam
- Team Player
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Diligence in work
- Must fit well within FDI culture
- Ability to work well independently
- Honest & trustworthy
- Results & action oriented
- Organized and orderly
- Customer Focus
Job Type: Full-time