Potable Water & Wastewater Management System for Field Use
Article – U.S. Army Medical Material Development Activity
FDI’s military-grade Field Water Systems are a group of assemblies whose components form a potable water distribution and wastewater management system for field use. These systems deliver potable water to all hospital wards (intensive care, intermediate care, pre-op), Central Materiel Supply (CMS), pharmacy, x-ray, blood laboratory, laboratory, emergency medical treatment, and the dental clinic. The system also allows the transfer of wastewater from these same areas to holding areas, providing a more sterile environment.
Whether it is an armed forces endeavor or humanitarian aid effort, our field water systems are designed to efficiently control the delivery of potable water and wastewater throughout the operational environment.
- Chosen by the U.S. Army for their modernized field hospitals
- Designed to support any configuration of a hospital center in order to best fit your operational environment
- Built to U.S. Military standards
- NSF-61 compliant potable water systems
- Each component identified with a national stock number (NSN), making system design and ordering simple
- Laser etched assemblies for easy identification in austere environments
- Kitted to your specifications in your preferred containers (e.g., JMICs, Shark Cages, Skip Boxes) to ease logistical burden
- Systems shipped with a technical manual for straightforward assembly, operation, and maintenance (upon request)
- Available with optional lay-flat discharge hoses, offering a significant logistical advantage with low cube and weight
- Supplied with quick disconnect fittings for rapid assembly and disassembly
- Tested and field proven to ensure consistent performance in a variety of austere environments
- Designed to operate in below freezing temperatures with use of in-line water heaters