(P/N: 111739B, NSN: 4520-01-493-7423)
The FDI Water Heater is designed to ensure that water supply systems do not freeze in cold environments, which is a strong possibility when considering the difficult and often extreme conditions of a military field hospital. Water from the main supply is pumped through the heater, where it passes through an electrical heat exchanger. The resistance heating elements are controlled by an internal thermostat to prevent over-heating and over-pressurization of the tank if the water flow is too low.
Though designed for use in military field hospitals, the water heater is useful in a variety of settings where in-line water heating is required.
- Easy to install, maintain, and use
- Prevents circulating water supplies from freezing in cold environments
- Uses 1.5-inch Cam-and-Groove hose fittings for fast and secure connections
- Internal controls prevent over-heating or over-pressurization
- Local on/off switch for safe connection and operation
- Includes Mil-Spec Class L connecting plug
- Light-weight, all-welded aluminum alloy powder-coated frame
- Incorporates a pressure safety valve in case of over-pressure